8/04/2015

MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME BOOK REVIEW



This book had been on my top wish list even since before it came out. I actually wanted to read it last Christmas (just to feel even more christmass-y, but I was saving to buy the Harry Potter series). And so I finally get to read it last June when I was in Japan. It is a collection of 12 short holiday stories by 12 different authors and edited by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and The French Kiss, anyone?). I'm familiar with some of the authors but some of them I just never heard of. Anyway, the cover? TOTALLY CUTE. I believe there are 3 different editions of the covers, and all of them are all adorable I want to stack them together in my bookshelf for the sake of bookshelf aesthetic. And as there are 12 different stories, I'll be reviewing them one by one separately.

Midnights by Rainbow Rowell : 4/5
-I love that she tells her story differently from the others. This story is about 2 best friends that goes to the same new year eve's party every year and so it tells us about what happened between them every December 31st.

The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link : 2.5/5
-This was my first time reading something by Kelly Link (I didn't even know her before I check out this book, actually). I must say that when reading this story, it kinda got me intrigued at first, I was eager to read more. But I'm really not satisfied with the ending. After finishing it I was just like "mmm ok? What was that?". You know, like I feel that the ending doesn't explain much.

Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Pena : 4/5
-A story about a guy that got stuck with a girl in an apartment. Cute cute cute.

Polaris is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han : 4/5
-It's a story about a girl that was adopted by Santa Claus and so she live in the elf world and her crush is an elf. ?!?!!!?! adorable.

It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins : 5/5
-A story about a girl that wanted to use this one guy's voice for her animation. Thankyou Stephanie for making the girl an animator! (although that's not at all why I gave this a 5 star.) I'm in love with the story too.

Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan : 3/5
-For this one, I just feel like I still don't know the character that much. And I'm just not really feeling it (you know?). But the main character is pretty funny. And I felt empathy to him in some of the moments.

Krampuslauf by Holly Black : 2.5/5
-This one also intrigued me at first when I read it, but the ending was kind of disappointing for me.

What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman : 3/5
-I kinda like and not really like this one.

Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire : 2.5/5
-To be honest I'm not like... feeling the story.

Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White : 5/5
-This one!!! It's about a girl that lives in a place called Christmas and her family runs a diner that's also called Christmas (it's also located in Christmas). And then there's this new cute cook that has.. like a sixth sense (he knows what food you want to eat or basically foods that would make you happy). Beep beep cute.

Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter : 4/5
-I also really enjoyed this one! (although it's just not at all likely to happen in real life. I mean, what about the customs and the immigrations and stuffs?). But I try not to think about those things when I read it.

The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor : 2/5
-This one I really didn't like. It was also confusing and I just didn't really get the story, I guess?

So those are my reviews for the stories of  My True Love Gave to Me. Overall, I really like this book and I think I'll reread it this Christmas while wearing a cutesy christmas sweater and eating chocochips. Ba-bay!

No comments: